Agreements reached between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the European Union
What the new deal says for TRADE:
- There will be no taxes on goods (tariffs) or limits on the amount that can be traded (quotas) between the UK and the EU from 1 January
- Some new checks will be introduced at borders, such as safety checks and customs declarations.
- There are some new restrictions on certain UK animal food products.
What the new deal says for FISHING:
- Over the next five-and-a-half years, the UK will gradually gain a greater share of the fish from its own waters.
- The UK could choose to ban EU fishing boats from 2026, but the EU would be allowed to introduce taxes on British fish in response.
Further key points of the deal can be read here.