The government has set a target of reaching ‘net zero’ in terms of greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. Listen to the podcast on Carbon neutral farming – the path to ‘net zero’ here.
Farming Connect clean air tool
- A new online tool has been launched in Wales to help farmers cut ammonia emissions – giving practical advice on steps farmers can take to lower emissions.
- Click here to find out more.
Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA)
The future of CEA:
Agricultural Pollution Regulations
- Agricultural Pollution Regulations came into force on 1 April 2021. Ensuring all farm businesses operate to a minimum standard, protecting Welsh waterbodies from the impact of agricultural pollution.
- To find out more, click here.
- To support businesses with the new Agri-Pollution Regulations contact the Farming Connect Service Centre on 08456 000 813 or your local Development Officer.
- Agricultural Pollution Regulations risk map, click here.
NFU Cymru responds to IPCC report on climate change, click here to view.
Farming Connect – A European approach to facing the challenges of climate change in ruminant agriculture, click here.
European Innovation Partnership (EIP) Wales: A guide to Pollinator friendly grassland farming, click here to find out more.
Flood management: Building resilience into farm water management
- Check the flood warnings in your area, click here.
- Flood information for Wales, click here.
- The Flood Forecasting Centre produce flood guidance statements to help categorise with their emergency planning and decisions on resources, click here.
Getting ready for winter on the farm, click here.
The impact of drought conditions on Welsh beef and sheep farms, click here.
- AHDB have an online page on drought advice, tips to manage produce after a drought, fire prevention, reducing heat stress on livestock etc. click here to view.
- Natural Resources Wales – Drought, click here.
The effects of drought on Welsh Dairy Farms, click here.