Avian influenza (bird flu) – From 14 December, there will be a legal requirement for all poultry and captive birds to be housed, or otherwise separated from wild birds. Click here to find out more.
It is important to monitor and investigate the treatment of animal health and welfare.
- If you suspect concern over the slaughtering of farm animals, contact The Food Standards Agency, click here.
- If you are concerned about the way farm animals are being transported or treated at a livestock market, contact trading standards, click here.
- If you have a farm animal enquiry that is not a welfare issue, contact The Animal and Plant Health Agency, click here.
- If you see an animal on a farm in danger, distress, ill or injured, contact the RSPCA, click here.
- Animal Welfare codes, click here.
- Animal Health & Welfare Wales (AHWW), established Gwaredu BVD, to support the Welsh farming industry by delivering solutions to some of its key animal health and welfare challenges, click here to find out more.
Animal Disease – International Disease Monitoring
- This gives the latest and live update reports for all diseases – essential for ASF and Bird Flu at moment.
- It flags when our risk from international threats arise.
- We will of course make stakeholders aware if this happens, but lets them know latest situation.Click here to find out more.