Education programms AHDB run two education programms
- Food – a fact of life in partnership with the British Nutritional Foundation (BNF), click here.
- Grow Your Own Potatoes (GYOP). – click here.
If you have a school visit planned, AHDB have a variety of resources they can send to you, fill out the form to access them, click here.
Farmer Time is a fortnightly, ten minute Skype or FaceTime call between the farm and the classroom . Giving students the opportunity to ask questions, and see what happens on the other side of the farm gate, reinforcing curricular learning with real life examples in the UK countryside. The Farmer Time initiative encourages classroom learning, engaging children with where their food comes from, promoting health eating, and inspiring the future food production workforce. For further information click here.
Rural + training modules
- The Farming Community Network (FCN), National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (NFYFC) and The DPJ Foundation are working together to support young farmers’ mental health and wellbeing through the development of new Rural+ training modules.
- The modules are aimed at 10-26 year old YFC members and 16-25 year old agricultural students yet to embark on their first placement or role in the industry.
- The training will focus on understanding stress and anxiety; managing personal mental wellbeing; how to talk about mental health; seeking support and supporting others.
- Read the full press release here.
- For more information about the Rural+ training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org