Farming remains one of our country’s most hazardous industries; accounting for 1% of workers but 22% of all worker fatalities (HSE).
In order for farm businesses to stay sustainable, health and safety measures need to be put in place and addressed, particularly in the farming community, as dealing with large machinery can often increase vulnerability to those workers.
- The Tilly trailer Pass offers the opportunity for trailers to be maintained to the legal standard. For further information click here.
- To ask a question or Book your trailer for a Tilly, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Head to Tow app here to find the daily checklist for your trailer or find an authorised mechanic to carry out the Tilly Pass annual 18 point inspection on your trailer.
- Agriculture Health and Safety (HSE)
- The Farm Safety Foundation (Yellow Wellies)
- YFC Farm Safety (NFYFC)
- Farmwise – Your essential guide to health and safety in Agriculture
- What a good farm looks like – this guide helps you and other farmers understand common risks to health and safety on your farm (HSE) – download below.
- General farm health and safety, click here.
- Farmwise, your essential guide to health and safety in agriculture – click here to view. Download below.
- NFU Cymru plays a lead role in farm safety, click here to find out more.
- Farming Connect – Driving an ‘ATV – All terrain vehicle’ – see image:
Public Health Wales
- Advice to Pregnant Women During the Lambing Season, click here.
- Health and safety – click here.
Further information can be found on the ‘Personal’ side of FarmWell Wales under ‘Working safely‘.