Farming remains one of our country’s most hazardous industries; accounting for 1% of workers but 22% of all worker fatalities (HSE).
In order for farm businesses to stay sustainable, health and safety measures need to be put in place and addressed, particularly in the farming community, as dealing with large machinery can often increase vulnerability to those workers.
- Agriculture Health and Safety (HSE)
- The Farm Safety Foundation (Yellow Wellies)
- YFC Farm Safety (NFYFC)
- Farmwise – Your essential guide to health and safety in Agriculture
- What a good farm looks like – this guide helps you and other farmers understand common risks to health and safety on your farm (HSE) – download below.
- Farmwise, your essential guide to health and safety in agriculture – click here to view. Download below.
- NFU Cymru plays a lead role in farm safety, click here to find out more.
Public Health Wales
- Advice to Pregnant Women During the Lambing Season, click here.
- Health and safety – click here.
Further information can be found on the ‘Personal’ side of FarmWell Wales under ‘Working safely‘.