Management of farm staff is a skillful job to ensure that they work in a safe working environment as well as contributing to the growing farming business. Having control over the workforce will make workers feel that they are in a safe environment where their contribution to the farm investment is paying off.
Welsh Government Agricultural Wages, click here.
UCAS – How to become a farm manager, click here.
Some skills that a farm manager should possess:
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to lead a group
- Ability to understand and implement employment standards of working conditions, costs etc.
- Understand the hiring process of employees
- Knowledge of production standards
- Further responsibilities and qualities of a farm manager can be found here.
Farming Connect provides a range of subsidised training courses as part of their Skills and Training programme, click here to find out more.
Joint farming ventures
- A joint venture in farming allows you to step back or scale down from the industry, for further information on ventures click here.
- The Farming Connect Venture Booklet can be seen here or downloaded below.