Mindfulness means knowing directly what is going on inside and outside ourselves, moment by moment.
Becoming more aware of the present moment can help us enjoy the world around us more and understand ourselves better. When we become more aware of the present moment, we begin to experience afresh things that we have been taking for granted.
Mindfulness is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as a way to prevent depression in people who have had three or more bouts of depression in the past.
Bangor Centre for mindfulness
- Courses qualifying you to be a teacher in Mindfulness can be found on the website here.
Samye Foundation wales
- The Samye Foundation is a mindfulness training centre in Cardiff which offers mindfulness training to help relieve stress and anxiety, and improve mental wellbeing.
- The training is offered throughout Wales.
- Click here to find out more.
- The Focussed Farmers initiative was set up in 2017 by Nuffield Scholar and farmer’s daughter, Holly Beckett who discovered some extremely useful management techniques during her scholarship.
- People development was at the forefront of her studies and recognising that the most valuable resource in any business is the farmer and focussing time and resource into ensuring the farmer can perform at their best, consistently, is key to running any successful operation.
- Neuroscience and psychology isn’t the average topic of conversation for farmers but these areas of science are of huge benefit in determining how best to maintain and improve mental health.
- One of the main ways to take your mental health from good to great is through the development of mindfulness and the scientifically proven way to develop mindfulness is through mental training.
Holly worked with psychologist and leadership coach, Willie Horton to develop a short video series explaining the benefits of mental training, coupled with goal setting and you can sign up to receive this free video series here.
Read more about how mental training has benefitted these farmers:
The results of the Focussed Farmers programme produce consistent, positive results for those that have taken part and on average, people experience:
21.3% Decrease in stress
20.6% Increase in a positive mind set
18.4% Increase in purposeful focus
All this is achieved with as little as 10 minutes mental training per day!
Sign-up for your free video series on how to develop purposeful focus: www.focussedfarmers.com
Focussed Farmers are running an online programme for agri-sector workers to learn about and develop mental training techniques to increase focus, productivity & well-being. Click here to find out more and book workshops.
Stay calm through COVID
Stay calm through COVID series hosted by Holly Beckett.
Introduction Interview – Crisis is A state of mind
Workshop 1: Stress begins in the Mind
Workshop 2: Mental Training Produces Results – quickly!
Workshop 3: Why Vision and Goal Setting is Essential to Success
Link to the series Crisis is a state of Mind: click here.