Farming Connect provides fully funded and subsidised training across a range of areas, from Book Keeping to Cattle Scanning, for eligible farm and forestry businesses registered with Farming Connect. Click here to find out more.
Farming Connect also provides a Mentoring Scheme for farmers and foresters facing change, uncertainty and hardship, as well as those looking for a sounding board and day-to-day business advice. Click here to find out more.
Personal management and organisation in the workplace is just as important as being able to manage others.
- It is important that farm life has balance.
- Building on all aspects of the personal and business side of the farm are essential to lead a positive and productive future.
- Building your personal resilience and well-being will help balance your personal and business life, having your mental well-being understood and in a stable place will better aid to the business resilience side of the farm. Some examples can be seen below and further information can be found under the ‘Personal‘ section on FarmWell Wales.
- It is important to have people to talk to as well as and aside from farming matters, acting as a good distraction for your mental well-being.
- An example could be setting enough time aside to ensure quality time is had with family members, joining a social club such as the local YFC or local village groups, alternatively online social forums can be good to interact with like minded people, such forums and groups can be found on FarmWell under Farming Forums and Social Groups .
Mental wellbeing balance
- You may find it difficult on the farm to focus on tasks and take control of situations if your mental well-being is in an unstable place.
- A good place to being developing your mental well-being could be through Mindfulness.
These two examples above provide just a snippit of ways to develop your personal resilience, further information on developing personal resilience can be found under the ‘Personal‘ section on FarmWell Wales.