Upcoming events and webinars:
Wellbeing sessions with the DPJ Foundation
The DPJ Foundation are running a series of wellbeing sessions aimed at Agricultural Communities.
- 16th April 18:00-19:30 – Dru Yoga for agricultural communities in Powys, click here to book.
- 24th April 17:00-18:30 – The Happiness Hour: A Session for the Agricultural Community in Powys, click here to book.
- 12th May 18:15-19:45 – Managing Stress and Anxiety For Agricultural Communities in Powys, click here to book.
- 20th May 19:00-20:30 – How to Sleep Better : A Session for Agricultural Communities in Powys, click here to book.
Farming Connect has created a timetable of webinars and activities on a daily basis to replace those that would’ve been taking place in person, click here to find out more.
AHDB mental wellbeing webinars
AHDB hosted a weekly series of 6 webinars focussing on mental health and wellbeing for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors, supported by Co-op Farming & Food. All webinars can be viewed, click here.
The Farming Advice Service
The Farming Advice Service is running a range of informative webinars over the coming weeks. From farming rules for water to heading towards net zero emissions in agriculture, you can view and book onto the webinars here.
AHDB webinar on ‘Mental health in farming: where next?’
- In this webinar, AHDB discusses how to raise awareness of mental health for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
- Guest speaker Aarun Naik speaks about his Nuffield research on achieving change in attitudes towards mental health and farmer Will Evans shares his personal experience of struggling with poor mental health and the importance of viewing mental health in the same light as your physical health.
- Watch below or here.
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast, click here to listen.
Eat Farm Now
The Eat Farm Now website will direct you to the best podcasts, blogs, stories, videos from passionate industry groups, farmers, chefs etc from around the world, click here to find out more.
The Farmer Network
The Farmer Network supports farmers and their businesses, addressing queries and challenges that they have in their businesses. Their website can be found here.
NFU Mutual – Ahead of the Field
NFU Mutual have launched a series of podcasts, proving an insight into farm business topics, click here.
InContact – Syngenta
A monthly podcast hosted by Syngenta, covering topics within the agricultural industry, both in the UK and globally, click here.
Rock and Roll Farming
Farming podcast hosted by Will Evans – ‘Wanna get to know the people who produce the food that you eat?’ click here.
Over the Farm Gate
Join Farmers Guardian Editor Ben Briggs, and Head of News and Business Olivia Midgley, for weekly thought provoking and lighthearted debate around the key issues affecting farming, food and the countryside right now. Click here.
Ear to the Ground Podcast
The ‘Ear to the Ground’ podcast, the first of its kind to be available in both Welsh and English, shares technical information, advice, support and inspiration to the farming community in Wales, click here.