Upcoming events and webinars:
Wellbeing and awareness sessions with the DPJ Foundation
The DPJ Foundation are providing free mental health awareness training for those working in agriculture or those in roles which work with or support the farming community. Learn how to spot the signs of poor mental health, how to have a conversation with someone you are worried about and know what support is out there. Free wellbeing sessions are also available helping you manage stress and anxiety, sleep better and revealing what counselling can do for you and how it can be accessed free via The Share the Load Service.
- 7th June – Mental Health Awareness in Agriculture Training, click here.
Farmers Weekly webinar
- Farmers Weeklyis running an upcoming webinar – ‘could pop-up campsites be the farm diversification for you?’ and takes place on Tuesday 1 June | 5pm – 6pm. Click here to book.
- Cereals 2021 will take place on 30th June – 1st July 2021
- To find out more, click here.
Farming Connect has created a timetable of webinars and activities on a daily basis to replace those that would’ve been taking place in person, click here to find out more.
AHDB mental wellbeing webinars
AHDB hosted a weekly series of 6 webinars focussing on mental health and wellbeing for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors, supported by Co-op Farming & Food. All webinars can be viewed, click here.
The Farming Advice Service
The Farming Advice Service is running a range of informative webinars over the coming weeks. From farming rules for water to heading towards net zero emissions in agriculture, you can view and book onto the webinars here.
AHDB webinar on ‘Mental health in farming: where next?’
- In this webinar, AHDB discusses how to raise awareness of mental health for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
- Guest speaker Aarun Naik speaks about his Nuffield research on achieving change in attitudes towards mental health and farmer Will Evans shares his personal experience of struggling with poor mental health and the importance of viewing mental health in the same light as your physical health.
- Watch below or here.
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast, click here to listen.
Eat Farm Now
The Eat Farm Now website will direct you to the best podcasts, blogs, stories, videos from passionate industry groups, farmers, chefs etc from around the world, click here to find out more.
The Farmer Network
The Farmer Network supports farmers and their businesses, addressing queries and challenges that they have in their businesses. Their website can be found here.
NFU Mutual – Ahead of the Field
NFU Mutual have launched a series of podcasts, proving an insight into farm business topics, click here.
InContact – Syngenta
A monthly podcast hosted by Syngenta, covering topics within the agricultural industry, both in the UK and globally, click here.
Rock and Roll Farming
Farming podcast hosted by Will Evans – ‘Wanna get to know the people who produce the food that you eat?’ click here.
Over the Farm Gate
Join Farmers Guardian Editor Ben Briggs, and Head of News and Business Olivia Midgley, for weekly thought provoking and lighthearted debate around the key issues affecting farming, food and the countryside right now. Click here.
Ear to the Ground Podcast
The ‘Ear to the Ground’ podcast, the first of its kind to be available in both Welsh and English, shares technical information, advice, support and inspiration to the farming community in Wales, click here.