This section will provide a practical guide in what happens after someone passes away.
What to do when someone passes away:
- GOV.UK have a step by step guide covering what to do when someone dies click here to find out more.
- Registering a death: click here.
Death and coping with grief on the farm
It can often be hard to grieve whilst maintaining or working on a busy farm:
Recommended bereavement support contacts:
- 7 branches in Wales who offer bereavement care from trained volunteers
- Cruse UK National helpline: 0808 808 1677.
- Resources for dementia bereavement and pre-bereavement, click here.
- Bereavement services can be found by entering your postcode here which will direct you to your local council contact to provide resources and support to help in times of bereavement.
The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice bereavement support
- 24-hour helpline: 0141 420 6785.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counsellors and volunteers who offer one-to-one support and counselling. Those wanting support can come into the hospice, alternatively support and counselling is also offering in your own home. Click here to find out more.
Share this page