This section will provide a practical guide in what happens after someone passes away.
What to do when someone passes away:
- GOV.UK have a step by step guide covering what to do when someone dies click here to find out more.
- Registering a death: click here.
- The Death Notification Service is a free service which allows you to notify a number of member organisations of a person’s death, at the same time. The aim is to make the process quick and easy for you to inform them at a time that suits you. Click here
Death and coping with grief on the farm
It can often be hard to grieve whilst maintaining or working on a busy farm:
Recommended bereavement support contacts:
- 7 branches in Wales who offer bereavement care from trained volunteers
- Cruse UK National helpline: 0808 808 1677.
- Resources for dementia bereavement and pre-bereavement, click here.
- Bereavement services can be found by entering your postcode here which will direct you to your local council contact to provide resources and support to help in times of bereavement.
The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice bereavement support