Registering and Recording Livestock

The registering, identification and tracing of livestock is a legal requirement and of crucial importance for the control of infectious diseases.

Keeping farmed animals 

British Cattle Movement Service

Getting a County Parish Holding (CPH)

  • If you own either cattle, deer, goat, sheep, pigs, or over 50 birds you will need a CPH number, further information on how to register for a CPH number in Wales can be found here

EID Cymru (sheep and goats)

  • Electronic sheep and goat movement recording system Click here.

eAML2 (pigs)


  • Poultry (including game birds): registration rules and forms Click here. If you own 50 or more birds of any variety it is a legal requirement to register them on the GB Poultry Register.

Share this page