Welsh Government Spring Update 2021, click here.
Strategy and planning is an important part of farm business development. Strategic planning can advance the business within the competitive market.
- Farming Connect offers 1-2-1 advice and support on Business Planning and Benchmarking your business, click here to view.
- Farming Connect has provided a guide and business plan template through their online site which can be used to plan ahead from your business from its current state, providing a realistic view for the future – click here.
- Farming Connect Strategic Business plan guide, click here to view. Download below.
- Farming Connect is urging all farm and forestry businesses in Wales to apply for specialist advice that will help them increase efficiency and adapt to post-Brexit rural policy. An additional cash injection will ensure continuation of the Advisory Service for eligible businesses registered with Farming Connect between now and August 2022, when the current Farming Connect programme ends. Click here to find out more.
Farming Connect Study Visits
- Spending time visiting other businesses can be a valuable way to discover improved methods of working, see best practice in action and bring home new ideas to innovate your enterprise.
- Groups of eligible farmers and foresters can apply for a maximum of £3,000 per group to fund 50% of the cost of a study visit within the UK for a period of up to 4 days.
- Click here to find out more.
- The application window for Study Visits is now open until 30 July 2021
The new Sustainable Farming Scheme (SFS) will encourage less-intensive land management practices from 2023. the publication of the Agriculture (Wales) White Paper was released this 16th December 2020 with proposals to replace the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) and other EU agri-environment schemes with a single direct support scheme for farming. Click here to find out more.
Prosper from Pasture programme with Farming Connect
- “Prosper from Pasture is a short programme with 3 levels that will develop your knowledge and confidence in grassland management – Entry Level, Intermediate – also known as Mastergrass, and Advanced.”
- Click here to find out more and register.
- Applications close 26th November!
- On-farm advice allows you to receive independent, confidential and bespoke advice that will help you improve the economic and environmental performance of your farm business.
- For further information on-farm advice, head over to the Farming Connect advice page here. Alternatively for on-farm advice contacts, select an adviser here.
- Farm administrators: IAgSA The Institute of Agricultural Secretaries and Administration Limited, click here.
Business Goals and Strategic planning
- AHDB has an online page referring to Farm business planning, click here to view.
The John Nix Pocketbook aids in farm management and help in business for UK based agricultural business and all those working within the industry: The John Nix Pocketbook