Succession planning is essential to protect your assets, your business, your family and more broadly the future viability of the farming industry.
Farming Connect offers a range of advice and support for businesses wanting to plan the succession of their business:-
- What is succession planning, and why it is needed? Click here for further information.
- Succession toolkit Click here.
- Support that Farming Connect provide in line with succession issues Click here for contacts.
- Tips for succession Click here or download here.
The biggest long-term threat to any family farm or forestry is the lack of a robust succession plan. Farming Connect has put together a booklet called ‘Succession Planning…Safeguarding the Future of Your Farm Business’. Click here.
Succession planning service
- NFU Mutual succession planning service Click here – If you would like to enquire more into succession planning you can directly enquire to NFU Mutual through this link.
- #FarmtheFuture – Barclays succession plans Click here.
Succession meetings in Wales
- Siân Bushell is a trained facilitator who helps family business develop succession plans – Siân Bushell Associates is based in Pembrokeshire Click here.
- Book onto a farm business succession meeting: Siân Bushell Associates based offers farming business succession meetings across the UK Click here.
- AHDB have a podcast episode aimed directly on succession planning: